Probiota 2018 is now inviting abstracts for the Scientific Frontiers sessions at the conference. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Probiota Scientific Committee.
This year successful abstracts will have the opportunity to be selected for either a short oral presentation (10 minutes) or a poster at the conference.
We welcome abstracts from those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health, particularly those representing successful academia-industry interactions.
We are looking for abstracts presenting the latest state-of-the-art developments related to all aspects of prebiotic, probiotic and microbiome science relevant to human health, well-being, consumers and industry. We are particularly interested in reports from human intervention studies.
To be reviewed for an oral presentation abstracts must be submitted no later than Friday 10 November 2017. After this date we can still accept abstracts until we announce the session has closed, but they will be reviewed for a poster only.
Full details of the abstract format can be found by downloading the abstract guidelines. Please contact Claudia Rhynes with any questions.
All abstracts submitted are reviewed by the Probiota Scientific Committee, made up of leading experts within the fields of pre and probiotics. Successful abstracts will be presented as talks or posters at the Probiota conference in February 2018 in Amsterdam. Those whose abstracts are accepted will receive a 50% discount on the delegate place.
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research or promising ideas covering the following topics are encouraged:
- Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions.
- Application and development of “-omics” approaches in biomarker discovery, including identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains. Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and wellbeing, including mechanism of action and bioactive discovery and isolation.
- Early findings from large scale research projects and clinical trials.
- Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery, formulation and shelf-life
- Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing.
Scientific Frontiers Bursaries
We offer a limited number of Scientific Frontiers bursaries to those presenting posters in the Scientific Frontiers session. If you are a student or postdoctoral researcher without support from your employer or research grant to attend conferences you may apply for a Probiota Scientific Frontiers bursary.
Any questions about the abstract submission process, the poster session or bursary support available please email Claudia Rhynes.